City & Guilds 2391-51 (previously 2395) Training Course Level 3 Award in the Periodic Inspection, Testing & Certification of Electrical Installations
The 2391-51 qualification is also suitable for those with limited experience of periodic inspection of electrical installations, such as those entering the industry from other engineering disciplines or who have been working in allied trades.
Aims: The 2391-51 course is designed to enable learners to understand principles, practices and legislation for periodic inspection testing and condition reporting of electrical installations in accordance with statutory regulations and requirements. Its content is the knowledge needed by a learner to underpin the application of skills for the periodic inspection, testing and condition reporting of electrical installations. What does the qualification cover? The 2391-51 qualification prepares candidates for the periodic inspection of electrical installations work. Course content: Assessment relating to the inspection, testing and certification will be in the following format:
- 301 Principles, Practices and legislation for the periodic inspection, testing and condition reporting of electrical installations (online) 40 questions 80 minutes
- 302 Principles, Practices and legislation for the periodic inspection, testing and condition reporting of electrical installations (written) 2.5 hours
- The practical assessment is split into 2 parts
- Part A Visual Inspection 30 minutes
- Part B Periodic Inspection and test 90 minutes plus 30 minutes to complete all relevant paperwork.
- The practical assessment will be carried out on simulated installation test rigs
Course outcome/qualification: Successful candidates will receive City & Guilds Certificate C&G 2391-51. PLEASE NOTE: This 2391-51 course delivery is theory side only and includes written, on-line exams and practical assessment. For delegates requiring practical training, we offer an additional 1 day Practical training course.
Training Start Times: 9.00am to 5.00pm Saturday and Sunday.
Duration: 4 Full day course :- Week days available please enquire.
Achieved Qualification: City & Guilds 2391-51 Level 3 in Periodic Inspection, Testing & Certification of Electrical Installations (previously C&G 2395).
Examination: Duration: 80 minutes Assessment Type: Multiple choice No: of questions: 40..
Open book exam: Permitted books include:
Three practical assignment tasks to include:-
Visual photo exercise ( 30 mins)
- 2 hour inspection & test on main rig
- Short 4 item written questions