Please note: All Learners must have a current JIB electrician status before attending the assessment:
This assessment upgrades JIB electrician status holder to JIB Approved status holder.
The AAC Assessment is an independent assessment of competence delivered in NET licenced centres.
The assessment would take place over 1 day (7 Hours).
The NET recommended charge for this assessment is £330 + VAT per candidate.
Candidates will be required to complete a mandatory Self-Assessment Checklist. This will detail the competencies to be assessed and the candidate will be asked to state whether or not they have the required level of knowledge or experience.
Competencies to be assessed:
- Risk Assessment
- Safe Working Practices
- Initial Verification Requirements of BS 7671
- Periodic Inspection and Testing
- Completion of BS 7671 Documentation to include,
- Electrical Installation Certificate
- Electrical Installation Condition Report
- Schedule of Inspections
- Schedule of Test Results
- Fault Diagnosis & Recommend Appropriate Rectification
- Assessment of Underpinning Knowledge to include
- Health & Safety
- All sections of BS 7671:2008 including Amendment No 3 (2015)
- Building Regulations for England. (Separately Wales and Northern Ireland)
- JIB Working Rules
- Supervision of Electrical Operatives
Structure of the Assessment:
The Assessment has 5 Sections:
A Risk Assessment and Safe Working Practice. 45 Minutes
B Initial Testing and Verification. 3 Hours (Existing AM2 Fault Diagnosis Bay)
C Periodic Inspection and Testing. 45 minutes
D1 Assessment of Supervision of Electrical Operatives in the work place. 1 Hour
D2 Assessment of Underpinning Knowledge. 1 Hour 30 Minutes
The assessments will be an ‘Open Book’ examinations. Candidates will have access to the following documents:
- BS 7671: 2008 Requirements for Electrical Installations. Incorporating Amendment 3: 2015
- IET On Site Guide to BS 7671
- IET Guidance Note 3: Inspection and Testing
- Electrical Test Equipment for use by Electricians (GS38)
- Guide to the Building Regulations
- Memorandum on the Electricity at work Regulations 1989 (HSR25)
- Electricity at Work Safe Working Practices (HSG 85)
- JIB Handbook section 2 (National Working Rules)
PLEASE NOTE: Assessments will be delivered fortnightly Monday to Sunday.
Please call the office on 01279 433321 for further information.