C&G 2919-01 Electric Vehicle Charging for commercial / industrial and domestic dwellings
This course covers all the key skills to install, fault find and inspect and test electric vehicle charging points. This really is an exciting new sector from which existing electricians can branch out into and generate extra income or become an out an out specialist installer. With petrol prices sky high more people are turning to electric vehicles. Just look at the graph below to see the predicted growth in the coming years.
With our exclusive partnership with Rolec. You would be automatically be eligible on becoming an approved registered installer and will appear on their approved national database of installers.
With the growing demand on EV installations this could provide you with referrals for installation enquiries within your region:
For more information on drawing government funding for charging point installations.
please click the following link: https://www.gov.uk/government/collections/government-grants-for-low-emission-vehicles
Who is EV Charging course for?
This course is intended for experienced electricians and installers who are looking to enhance their current skillset to allow them to install domestic, commercial and “on street” vehicle charging points.
- There are no formal entry requirements for this qualification, however we do expect you to meet the following requirements:
- Minimum age 18 years old (mandatory)
- Must be able to demonstrate the following competencies
- Be able to correctly install and terminate:
- pvc/pvc cable (twin and earth)
- Steel Wire armoured cable (swa)
- Be able to carry out an initial verification (inspection & testing) on an electrical installation and complete the necessary paperwork.
- Note: These competencies are required for the assessment and are not taught as part of the course.
- It is recommended that you are up to date with your wiring regulations.