Achieve Your Potential
All Electrical Training
City & Guilds 2921-31 Electric Vehicle Charging Domestic / Commercial installations
FINANCE AVAILABLE – INSTANT DECISION
Design and installation of domestic and small commercial electric vehicle charging installations
Venue: Harris House, Harlow essex CM19 5AN Duration: 3 days
This course will require your to bring a scientific calculator. All other stationary will be provided by AET.
C&G 2921-31 Electric Vehicle Charging Domestic / Commercial installations
Aimed at existing practising electricians:
The purpose of this qualification is to install domestic and small commercial electric vehicle charger units.
The qualification centres around being able to know the key requirements relating to electric vehicle charging equipment, including types of equipment. It includes how to design an installation, inspect, test, commission and maintain installations.
- Online Evolve Test
- Assignment: Short answer test and scenario based –Externally set by C&G internally marked by the centre
The assignment is made up of a series of short answer questions and a assignment scenario based question
The assignment is carried out under exam conditions and lasts 1.5 hours
Evolve is City & Guilds secure platform. Evolve helps learners and on screen
apprentices to sit tests and exams securely and easily giving you peace of mind for the integrity of your testing.
The Evolve test for 2921-31 is 45 minutes
- Statutory and non- statutory documents for selection, installation and commissioning of EVC equipment
- Traffic Management Orders situation identification
- Suitability of different modes of charging equipment and connections
- Design an installation, including assessment of location, and methods for selecting suitable cable
- System earthing and supply arrangements
- Risks associated with installations, including PEN/CNE conductor faults, electric shock
- Requirements for inspection, testing, commissioning and handover of EVC equipment and circuits
- Electrical energy storage systems
Learner Entry Requirements
Learners wishing to enter onto the following qualification must already hold either of the qualifications below prior to registration.
Other A/O equivalents are also accepted
For individuals holding older legacy qualifications a current ECS installation Gold card will be acceptable
External Quality assurance process will be in place to ensure the learner entry requirements are being implemented
• 2357 Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Installing Electrotechnical Systems and Equipment (Buildings, Structures and the Environment)
• 2357 Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Electrotechnical Services (Electrical Maintenance)
• 5357 Level 3 Electrotechnical qualification
• 2356 Level 3 NVQ in Electrotechnical Services Experienced Worker
• 2346 Level 3 Electrotechnical Experienced Worker Qualification
With the growing demand on EV installations this could provide you with referrals for installation enquiries within your region:
For more information on drawing government funding for charging point installations.
please click the following link: https://www.gov.uk/government/collections/government-grants-for-low-emission-vehicles
Level 3 Award in Requirements for Electrical Installations (BS 7671)(2381-18)